Windows 10 is among the latest operating systems made by Microsoft that are largely used on desktops and on laptops. Taking a screenshot on Windows 10 is quite simple as illustrated below:
If you want to take a screenshot of Windows 10’s entire screen
- Press the Windows key and Print Screen key at the same time
- You will find your screenshot on the picture library in your computer or laptop. Most of the time, the screenshot will be saved in number form and you can change this and give it a name you will easily remember.
If you need a screenshot for the window you are currently on:
- Point the cursor on the item you need to get a screenshot and ensure that it is not hidden by other apps
- Press the Alt button and the print screen button at the same time
- Go to Microsoft Paint
- Press ctrl l and the v button at the same time
- Your screenshot will be pasted on the Microsoft Paint window and you will be able to save it wherever you want.
If you need a screenshot of a section of a screen:
- Go to the start menu and search Snipping Tool and then click on it
- On the snipping tool, click on the arrow that is pointing to New
- If you will be taking a rectangular screenshot, you will click on the rectangular snip and if you need any other shape, you will click on the Free-form Snip.
- After taking your screenshot, you will be able to save it on your preferred location.
As you can see above, there are several means of taking a screenshot on Windows 10 which will be determined by what you need to capture. Whether it is an entire screen, a single window or even a section of a window, it is possible to get your screenshot in no time.